Outburst Game For Large Youth Groups
Divide the room in half and have them face each other. One side is given the topic. They must yell out answers and the other side must listen. Then stop everyone. Then you read off the list of ten answers. Only the team who was the listener answers you if they heard the other team say the word. It does not matter if the team said it, it only matters if someone on the other team heard it.
Topics are like “pizza toppings”, then they have to list the top ten items that are written on your card. Make up your own topics or buy the game. Then switch to another topic and it is the other team’s turn to listen.
Outburst Game Topic Examples:
- Sports that require special shoes: wrestling, football, baseball, basketball, soccer, golf, bowling, roller skating, ice hockey, track
- Things in a Desert: cactus, sand, camels, snakes, scorpions, lizards, oasis, heat, buzzards, tumble weeds
- Things you can order at McDonalds (items, not meals): Big Mac, Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Fries, Milk Shake, McFlurry, Quarter Pounder, McNuggets, Sausage McMuffin w/ Egg, Soda
- Jungle Animals: monkeys, lions, tigers, giraffe, elephant, zebra, leopard, crocodile, gorilla, snake
- States that border an ocean: California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii, Florida, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Virginia
- Pizza Toppings: pepperoni, Canadian bacon, anchovies, cheese, olives, mushrooms, sausage, onions, peppers, pineapple.
- Yellow Foods (and condiments): lemon, banana, corn, squash, pineapple, cheese, eggs, yellow peppers, mustard, butter
- Fast Food Chains: McDonald’s, Taco Bell, Carl’s Jr., KFC, Burger King, Wendy’s, Jack in the Box, Arby’s, Long John Silvers, Subway
- Buttons to press on a VCR: play, stop, rewind, fast forward, pause, record, program, eject, power, channel
- Full Length Disney Cartoons: Cinderella, Dumbo, Little Mermaid, Snow White, Tarzan, 101 Dalmations, Bambi, Fantasia, Beauty & the Beast, Dinosaur
- Winnie The Pooh Characters: Pooh, Tigger, Kanga, Roo, Rabbit, Owl, Piglet, Gopher, Christopher Robin, Efalumps & Woozels
- Types of sports balls: ping pong, football, soccer, baseball, tennis, golf, volleyball, basket ball, softball, mushball
- Types of Candy Bars: Twix, Baby Ruth, Snickers, Hershey’s Chocolate, 3 Musketeers, Butterfinger, Crunch, Almond Joy, Mounds, Payday
- California Cities that start with the letter “S”: Selma, Sanger, Sacramento, Salinas, San Simeon, San Fransico, Stockton, San Diego, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara